Where has my Windows battery life status icon gone missing?

John Domitrek November 8, 2011

My Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop has stopped showing the power icon in the notification area of Windows 7. It was there and working up until 2 days ago. How do I get it back?

1. Brianne Haddow

WAIT GOT IT.

2. Brianne Haddow

I'm on windows XP and having the same problem. I can't try half the suggestions though cause my netbook doesn't have the things. Like clicking the space on the task bar and when I click search I can't just type the suggested search in, I have to search in music or documents ect. I also don't have power options or an arrow at the bottom right of my screen. I restarted and it didn't work, and that usually does.
    Help! What is a system restore?

3. Tavrajoseph

i try all the suggestions still cant find the battery metter ..!!

4. Jdomitrek

Thanks for the more information.  I'll try these and report back in a few days.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback!

6. Jdomitrek

To Jeff, Jay, and Fidelis
    I've tried all three of the suggestions.  Still no icon in Notification.  In fact, the Customize option's list does not include the Power icon so I can't turn it on (because it is not there to turn on).

Hello, you can also click on the up arrow on the bottom right of your screen and click on customize.  Once the page with all the options opens, find the battery icon and then select show icon and notifications.  Select ok and you are set.

generally restarting the laptop solves the problem.

Hi John,

Right click in a blank area on your task bar and chose "Properties". You may also go to Start -> Search: "Taskbar And Start Menu" and click on the application. Once it opens, go to the "Taskbar" tab, which should be open by default. In the middle of the dialog in the "Notification Area" select "Customize". 

Then a new form will open, find your battery life icon and select "Show Icon and Notifications" from the drop down. 

• krishna

hello can any one suggest for my problem i lost battery icon on my task bar ..windows 2003 plz help me out to come over to this problem
      thnks