Why does Windows 7 always show Safe Mode as an option when I boot?

Ghodke October 2, 2012

Whenever I switch on my Windows 7 pc it shows additional items on boot screen like below:
safe mode
safe mode with networking
start windows normally

How do I remove these items from windows boot screen?

1. Dave Rimmer

Does it show Last Known Good Configuration, if so click on that it will start your PC.

2. Kamil Ko

It could be malmare. I had it happen to a friend's PC. Run full scan in Malwarebytes.

3. vasu gupta

windows 7 does not want to take risk of losing data

4. hamad3914

This screen normally appears only when you press F8 early in the boot, try Startup Repair.

Check the system log in the Event Viewer around the time of the boot when this has happened paying particular attention to the Event Log startup and shutdown events.

Also dont think aboout removing them they are for your safety

5. yoganand goud

Ijus because you don’t properly shut down you computer like holding the power button or forcing the lap os system to force shutdown..its jus for our system security purpose only...

6. HLJonnalagadda

I suggest doing a boot cycle. Start, then shut down the machine. Then start again. And to confirm, do you have to choose to Start Windows normally every time you see this window?

• Ghodke

HLjonnalagadda I did as you said and it's booted normally but still next day I booted, it again comes with such boot screen.

Thanks.

7. HLJonnalagadda

Yeah most of the time, this screen is shown if Windows is not shut down correctly. I would suggest doing a boot cycle, start and then shut down. Should be fine after that.

With that screen there is normally a message saying Windows wasnt closed down properly, do you get that message?

• Ghodke

Thanks for above link
      Today my pc booted normally if it happened next time I will try your fix with above link.

Thanks again.

10. Calle Sweden

Well, isn`t that good? If you accidentually f-up you PC you can boot it in safe mode.
    I would like to have that!
    /Calle

This screen normally appears only when you press F8 early in the boot, when Windows has failed to start properly and sometimes when the system was not shut down properly (instant loss of power rather than the normal Shutdown sequence). Check the system log in the Event Viewer around the time of the boot when this has happened paying particular attention to the Event Log startup and shutdown events. They (or events immediately before or after them) should offer a clue why you are getting this screen.

12. albin george

Its probably because you don't properly shut down you computer like holding on to the power button until it turns off.It can also caused by a shut down error, Force shutting down the computer when programs are still loaded or opened. If it wasn't those you might have accidently changed a setting without knowing it or your computer is just in a bad state.