Why is Windows 7 RC restarting although I activated it?

srinirooney March 30, 2010

I’ve installed Windows 7 RC and I activated it, but it keeps on restarting after 2 hours. I’m so worried. Please give me a good solution to this problem.
Thank you in advance for your help!

To fix the problem, you have to buy Windows 7 and install it. Just like AskTheAdmin said, Microsoft is purposely forcing the computer to shutdown every 2 hours.

So buying Windows 7 or installing another operating system is your only option unfortunately.

The RC will continue to do that until you upgrade to a retail version. Here is some information from Microsoft:

"
    Shutdown Schedule for Windows 7 Beta and Windows 7 RC
    To avoid interruption, Microsoft recommended that you and your customers rebuild test machines by using a valid Windows operating system before Windows 7 Beta and Windows 7 RC expire. Windows will automatically notify you that the expiration process is about to begin.

Two weeks later, your PC will shut down every two hours. For Windows 7 Beta, the bihourly shutdowns will begin July 1, 2009. The software will expire August 1, 2009. For Windows 7 RC, the bihourly shutdowns will begin March 1, 2010. The software will expire June 1, 2010

Hope this clears it up for you!

thanks 4 ur answer. is tat possible to hack microsoft from shutdown?

• Jack Cola

You can find almost any answer on Google. All you have to do is use the correct search terms. Try searching for something along the lines of this:

make Windows 7 RC not shutdown hack

And you will find your answer