Is Windows 7 Home or Ultimate a better choice for a laptop?
Question by Mishaal /

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , .
Windows_10
Windows_10
Windows Tips
Windows Tips
Windows Troubleshooting
Windows Troubleshooting
Best Windows Software
Best Windows Software

• Amit Sinha

its depends on your needs. if you are a professional then ultimate is the best option

• hameer

i want to buy dell laptop . so i have question is there windows home basic or windows ultimate good for using.

• Usman Mubashir

I'd go for the Ultimate verrsion, I think the Home edition is a bit sloppy.

• Irshaad Abdool

ultimate is alwys better than the home edition. but it depends on what your are going to do with the laptop. if its for simple word processing/web browsing, the home edition should be sufficient

• Adjei Kofi

I would recommend the ultimate but it depends on how good the specs are.

• Mihovil Pletikos

it depends on your needs, but usually home premium covers most of the needs of causal computer user

• Hanamichi Kurotsuchi

of course Windows 7 Ultimate is the best choice for laptop compared to Home Premium Version of it because it has a lot more features than other versions.

but, if you're willing to buy a new laptop having one of those operating systems, I suggest to you to wait till 26-October which is Windows 8 Launch. it will be better.

currently I have windows 7 ultimate but I wait for windows 8 launch to buy new laptop.

• Reý Aetar

ultimate will be better

• Elijah Swartz

Here are the features of the different versions of Windows 7.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows7/products/compare
    There is really no reason to get Windows 7 Ultimate. You probably won't benefit from it at all. The only two unique benefits in Ultimate are bit locker (or just use the free TrueCrypt) and access to switch to 35 languages (do you need other languages for some reason?). Those don't really sound all that beneficial to me personally. Nearly every additional feature can be found with very good and free alternatives. If you want a virtual machine of XP (XP Mode), just use VMWare Player (or Workstation) or Virtualbox for free. If you need back up your computer, there are plenty of free options. Just stick with Windows 7 Home Premium if you are buying it. There is not real benefit and it will save you a lot of money.

• Timothy Liem

it depends on your needs. if you are a casual-to-intermediate user, a Home Premium will do.