I need a Windows 7 driver for HP Laserjet 1300
Question by Gary /

I have installed both the dedicated and universal windows 7 drivers for my HP Laserjet 1300, with no success in getting it to work.

I have read that others have installed w/o issues, but no luck for me.

Any suggestions/tricks?

• J Carey2345

On Dec 22, 2011 I went through many different installs, issues, driver loads, and
    reading the web and HP support and nothing was helping.  If was very
    frustrating.  Here is the simple solution.

1. Purchase a cable called
     “USB IEEE1284 Printer”.    USB to CN36M,  Support
    Windows 7.   The one I purchased was made by Viewcon.

2.  Hidden inside the
    cable packinging is a mini CD.   This has a driver on it.  I never
    knew that “cables” could come with drivers.  I was about ready
    to take this cable back when I found the mini CD inside.  

3.  Install the driver
    even though Windows warns you that is unsigned.  You have to use Windows
    explorer and click down to the directory for Windows 7 64 bit.

4.  Plug in the cable
    — usb end to the computer, parallel port end in your HP printer.

5.  You computer
    should now come up and say something like ” USB Compound Device.  USB
    to parallel port Driver LPT3″.   (not sure if yours might say LPT2 or
    LPT1, but just note whichever it says.)

6.  Then I went and
    did ADD PRINTER.  (And I think from earlier incantations, when I had tried
    to install the printer before, I had told Windows to UPDATE the list of
    printers, so now my HP LASERJET 1300 was an option to choose).   

7.  I pointed the
    printer install to use  LPT3.

8.  Test page printed
    perfectly.

• Zion Rock

pls i need the drivers for 32 bit (x86) not x64 bit pls help i have less than 24hrs to deliver.

counting on your support
    pls

by Zion Rock

• Harv

I’ve been racking my 55 year old brain the better part of the day trying to get my old HP laserjet 1300 to work with Windows 7 and I finally broke down and bought some software called Driver finder at http://bit.ly/fsIBBw and it worked! The screens fly by too fast for me to tell you what it did exactly but it went out and found the correct driver and now my printer is working. Harvey

• Gary_kowalski

Thank you, pceasies, for your efforts. I have been slow to try these, and the links no longer working. If you are able to check/revise them, I would be grateful. Thanks again for all.

• pceasies

http://files.pceasies.com/f.cgi?x64Drv5.64.0.17.exe
    ^ That one is the installer

http://files.pceasies.com/f.cgi?HP%20×64%20Drivers.zip
    ^ That one is the installer extracted and zipped. I would unzip that one, update driver from device manager, point it to the extracted folder, and see if it will pick them up.

The installer would be the second option. These drivers were ment for XP, but I used them when 7 beta x64 came out to get the printer to work over the network. Those are both direct links from my web server do they should be pretty fast. Both are around 60mb a piece.

• Havok13154

THANKS!!!! Pceasies.  the 2nd link worked for windows 7 64bit Ult updated till 6/28/11 desktop.  I just used it after i tired the hp one and 5 other that didn’t work.  I right clicked the autorun.inf and did install and in about 10 sec the pop-up Laserjet 1300 driver was found and installed. Odd though my laptop is windows 7 64bit home prem and it downloaded driver off windows update but my desktop said no driver from windows. i had to use this.

• pceasies

HP doesn’t make 64 bit drivers. I have a similar printer (1350v) and it has always been a problem getting it to work with x64. Currently ours is hooked up to a 32bit computer and using Windows limited, automatically installed drivers and you can print from x64. I have some beta x64 HP driver I downloaded from who-knows-where a while ago you can try, but it was designed for XP. I’ll reply with a link in a couple minutes

• pceasies

Internet is on and off, I’ll have to upload it later when it’s working again.

• pceasies

Make sure you connected to the internet when updating the driver so it can check windows update for universal drivers.

How are you connecting – USB or Parallel? If it’s USB, what happens if you disconnect the USB lead then reconnect it? Does Windows recognise something has been connected? If it’s Parallel, try changing the Parallel Port Mode in the BIOS from SPP to ECP/EPP.

• Gary

Connecting via USB. I’ve tried connecting / reconnecting, as well as uninstalling and re-installing the drivers (both the specific and universal, both downloaded from HP’s site). The printer works fine; use it regularly with an older laptop. But unable to use it with Windows 7 (64-bit). (What happened to the login on makeuseof? Can’t seem to locate it any more).