Why won’t Windows 7 detect my USB keyboard when running via Parallels?

Clarapayon Galarpe February 16, 2012

Hi, I’m running Parallels on a Mac for Windows 7 64 Bit, I have a USB Keyboard controller hooked to the Mac, this device is not being recognized in Windows for some reason.

Drivers are installed, in fact the M-Audio site states this device does not need a driver installed for Windows 7, yet it is not being recognized by my DAW Sonar X1.

My question is, has anyone found out if it is indeed Parallel Desktop is the culprit when USB devices are not recognized in Windows? Is there a fix?

Hello, did you make sure to install parallel tools?  If your mouse is USB, does it get recognized?  Visit following link and start with step 27:

http://www.simplehelp.net/2009/02/02/how-to-install-windows-7-in-os-x-using-parallels-desktop-a-complete-walkthrough/

in device manager of windows do you see any yellow signs, if yes right click and uninstall then reboot?