How can I connect my Windows 7 desktop to my Windows XP netbook screen?

Zia May 26, 2011

What is the easiest way to extend my Windows 7 desktop to my netbook screen running Windows XP?

Restriction: I have programs running in the background in Windows XP, which I do not want to interrupt.

1. Zia Rezvi

I want to use the netbook as a second screen to have more active windows open at the same time

2. Gustavo Ibarguengoytia

What do you mean by extend? Do you want to use your netbook as a second screen to have more active windows open at the same time? Or do you want to remotely control your Win 7 desktop?

3. Ronielmdn

What is the purpose of connecting the two machines. If it just for data or screen sharing

I would recommend a third party freeware called Team Viewer. It is quick to connect, does not interrupt file or screen sharing in any way, almost. It can run as a portable app or can be installed on your computer. These days also available as cloud app. Is compatible with both Win 7 and Win XP Plus it does have option to setup VPN connection which is also quite siple to setup.Or else, you may try join.me an online screen sharing website for free.