Why is my Windows 7 computer failing to start?

dhanunjayarao chunduri October 7, 2012

When I am installing Windows 7 in my desktop system the installation is completing successfully but after the 1st restart of the system it encounters an error and restarts in safe mode. When I in safe mode it is running perfectly but after I restart in normal mode the problem is repeats.

My system configuration is:

AMD Phenome 8650 triple core processor 1.20 GHZ

Biostar GF 8100 M2+TE

3GB(2GB+1GB) DDR2 Ram

1TB hard disk drive.

On this system I am am using windows 7 ultimate operating system from approximately 2 years, I am not encountered any problem like this. This is the 1st time I had encountered this problem please provide me a solution for it.

1. Diyana Lei

This generally happen when you installed old version of driver, try installing vga diver first and restart, if windows load properly try one by one all drivers after restarting, in this way you can find out the the fauly driver, sometimes faulty hard hard also cause the problem because of unability to load, try in another HDD whether same condition is happen, if so repeat the firsst process . Hope this might fix the your problem . Good Luck

2. Dave Rimmer

Hi dhanunjayarao
    When in Safe Mode click Start/Control Panel/Systems/Advanced Systems Settings, Startup and Recovery will open scroll down to Automatically Restart and uncheck it then Restart your Pc you should now have time to write down the error code then go to here and look for your error code see what it tells you what to do, good luck. - http://www.technibble.com/troubleshooting-windows-stop-errors-what-they-mean-in-english/

Post back on how you do.

3. Chee Yong Hsia

Hard drive error...

4. sumit kumar

Sounds like there is some sort of problem with your hard drive.

• dhanunjayarao chunduri

Boss my hard drive is new one and when i installed windows xp and vista it don't have a problem to run them and it works perfectly.

5. Dave Rimmer

Hi dhanunjayarao can you post the error message that you are recieving when Windows trys to start.

• dhanunjayarao chunduri

hey when the blue screen appearing it's not stays at least 1 second system is restarting and their no time to read the error code.

6. Bhavuk Jain

Installing the windows again might help you to resolve this problem.

• dhanunjayarao chunduri

I am already tried a clean instillation of windows 7

7. Ahmed Khalil

From my old experiance about this issue check your hard disk for bas sector or hardware problem

8. Dimal Chandrasiri

seems like you are suffering from a Hard driver bad sector. this is a common thing that you are facing in your scenario. if you don't have cash to switch to a new hard drive, try this. It worked for me. try to make another partition, keeping the first partition. then install windows in the second partition. this would help you to skip the bad sectors..

• dhanunjayarao chunduri

the hard disk is new one it's don't have any bad sectors.

• Dimal Chandrasiri

if you claim that the hard disk doesn't have any bad sectors, it can be a defective windows disc. now it may seem the disc is ok, but tiny scratch can make a file not to copy to the local HDD. so please try another windows installation disc.

Note : even brand new HDD can contain bad sectors from poor build quality. I came across with hitachi hard disk which was brand new and had a some bad sectors. so to be sure, just check with a HDD utility.

9. druv vb

Do a system repair with the windows 7 installation disc. If not, remove the 1GB RAM from the system and boot normally. When in safe mode, uninstall all drivers for the motherboard, integrated grpahics, sound, etc.. If nothing works, a clean install would surely correct it.

• Harish Jonnalagadda

I concur. Doing a clean inatall would be the best suggestion if deleting drivers does not work in Safe Mode.

• dhanunjayarao chunduri

I was done clean install so many times but no use. and the hard disk is new one it's don't have any bad sectors.

• dhanunjayarao chunduri

I am already tried it and also installed windows 7 in new hard disk but problem is remaining same.

• druv vb

If your hard disk is working properly, then it must be another hardware that is causing the problem. Disassemble your computer, clean all the components carefully. Re-assemble only the motherboard, processor and 1 RAM module. Use the integrated GPU of the motherboard if it has one. Reset your BIOS to default factory (preferably by removing the CMOS battery to clear all).

You may have to reinstall windows to make sure, use a different installation disk if you can. If it works, then its good news. Else it may be a board or ram or processor issue.

Did you try a Linux Live CD? Make use of has a good compilation of these Oses http://www.makeuseof.com/pages/best-linux-distributions

You can try Ubuntu or Puppy Linux (my favorite) or Parted Magic to test the components of your system for hardware errors.
        Best of luck, and be lets hope for the best.

10. Elrick Browne

Did you change anything in the Bios after the first part of the install, if so then revert any changes. also tap f8 key repeatedly before its start loading windows and select disable restart on system failure (or something like that) then if its a blue screen you can see what kind of error code its throwing out so you can narrow down your troubleshooting

Start - type in Search box - CMD - Right Click and RUN AS ADMIN, on the black board type:
    sfc /scannow

How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html

• Harish Jonnalagadda

Running the check only checks if there exist any dll files in the system32 folder that are not same version as they should be.

• dhanunjayarao chunduri

I was scanned and the message shows no integrity violations has found what next I do.

1. Once the computer boots into safe mode, click the Start button, type msconfig in the search box, and then, in the list of results, click msconfig.exe. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2. In the System Configuration dialog box, click the Boot tab.

3. Under boot option Uncheck the box next to Safe boot and apply the settings and restart the computer.