Will the Optoma Pico PK120 Handheld Projector work with Android devices?

Rajaa Chowdhury May 14, 2013

I am aware that the Optoma Pico PK120 handheld projector is compatible with the iPad and iOS but I want to know if it will work with an Android tablet?

Is there somewhere a list of compatible hardware it will work with, specifically the Android tablet models, if compatible?

Editor’s note: Hey MUO Answers – are there any other projectors that might work, if this one doesn’t?

Typically,the site doesn't mentions any support for Android and says optional support for smartphones.So,you can better bet that you can connect the projector with Android tablet via micro USB to micro USB cable.

Other projectors are -

FAVI A3-WiFi Pico Pocket Projector with Android OS and Touchpad A3-WiFi

this comes with inbuilt Android OS,so you can be sure that it would be compatible with your Android tablet.

Brookstone HDMI Pocket Projector

doesn't supports Apple devices out of box.It has two HDMI adapters,so a HDMI cable would be good.

iGo up2020 Pico Projector is also good with mini (!) HDMI cable and a mini-HDMI to micro-HDMI adapter.

Would have marked this as the best answer, but the reply came later after marking the other answer. :( However, this is the best answer and further options given. The Brookstone Projector looks promising and on further research found that it is compatible with Android OS. Thanks a lot Susendeep. :D Now I have to just research where it is available in India. Also in the meantime, I found 3M portable projectors are available in India and are compatible to Android devices. More details of it is here : http://solutions.3mindia.co.in/wps/portal/3M/en_IN/MobileProductivity/Home/