Will multiple WordPress installations in one domain cause problems?

Garva S July 16, 2013

I have a blog with high page rank and it is a tech blog but I wanna start a separate news blog. That means www.domain.com is my blog and i wanna start a www.domain.com/news blog.

This would put two WordPress installations on my domain, one root and one in a folder.

I’m not sure if a folder installation will create issues or not, so please tell me.

1. MakeUseOf TechGuy

No problem. Just be sure to use a different database prefix if you're using the same database table.

Are you referring to nxttech.org? Not to be discouraging, but the PR is currently unranked (probably sandboxed). That could be because you're blocking the page content in order to demand a "like" or "follow" before allowing entry. It's also not helped by the fact you're deliberately placing spammy links (in fact, those are the only links to your site), such as on this page: http://casinoblogspot.***/the-latest-tips-on-how-to-play-online-slots/ - that kind of activity will place a manual spam action on your site, one which is incredibly difficult to fix.

2. Matt.Smith

I've installed WordPress into folders many times and now, I've never had a problem. You just need to remember the URL for everything will include the folder directory, including the installation file.