Will IDEA handsets be accepted by the masses in India?

Rajaa Chowdhury May 29, 2013

IDEA Cellular is one of the famous and national mobile telecom service providers in India. Now they have forayed in the Indian market and started to produce handsets.

Do you think that the new initiative be successful and accepted by the masses?

You can see their handset models here.

1. Kyem Ghosh

They are Hawaii or zte handsets.. N hope they can be unlocked.. These handsets are even sold in unlocked versions by the manufacturing company.. And micromax has hell lot to give... IDEA? Hate it... Bakwaas network except in kolkata... I'm going for the 2nd MNP for my no. which is presently in Idea.. Going for aircel... Its cheap...

2. Degenerated S

yeah , here people do not like to stick to a carrier for a long time , So it may not be that much successful like unlocked devices.

I think people in India likes to change carrier.The phones mentioned by you is although cheap but not as we think as in US one.What Idea is doing is asking full price of the phone and also locking it with its own carrier brand.So,I think that only few people might take it.