Will all my files be removed from my Dropbox account if I remove the desktop app?

Master Daisy May 19, 2013

Hello,

I would like to ask if I remove Dropbox app from my PC,
will it remove all the files in my Dropbox account?

Thanks.

1. niel yves de guia

Thank you for all your answers coz i was confused if I delete the dropbox folder in my desktop i thought all my files will be erased as well..

2. in_mohit

No.

3. Anvesh Kurapati

Unless you cancel//delete your account, your information is going nowhere. It will be safe at dropbox. Removing desktop is not going to remove the data.

Your files will remain in your account on the Dropbox servers and in your local Dropbox folder on your hard drive if you uninstall the app.

Yes, should not have any impact on your Dropbox account and the files synced by uninstalling the Desktop application.

• Justin Pot

Be sure to head to the Dropbox security settings and remove the device you're uninstalling from – it's a good idea to do this everytime you uninstall Dropbox from a computer, or remove a computer.

How do I uninstall Dropbox?
    https://www.dropbox.com/help/41/en
    Your Dropbox folder and its contents will remain intact. However, to remove the files in your Dropbox folder from your hard drive, you can drag and drop your Dropbox folder to the Recycle Bin.

Uninstalling Dropbox will not delete your Dropbox account or remove the files in your Dropbox folder from your hard drive.