Will a password reset log me out of my Android device?

Nanda April 1, 2015

Hello, I lost my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy Grand 2) and I can’t find its location because I forgot my Gmail account’s password that’s connected to it. So, here’s my question: Will changing my Gmail password (using my alternative email) log me out of the device I am trying to locate?

I’ve tried to locate my lost phone using Android device Manager, since this feature is activated on the lost phone, but Gmail keeps asking me to enter my password which unfortunately I have forgot.

And I was thinking that I should change the password using the alternative email but I am afraid that Gmail (and Android Device Manager) is gonna log me out of the target device. So what can I do?

Doesn't work?

2. Susendeep Dutta

If you change your Google password,then your lost phone won't be able to sign in to Google account and it'll display authentication error.

Your phone is associated with your GMail account irrespective of your password. Think about it this way, how would you ever be able to reset your GMail password if your devices (you could have a whole lot of them, a Chromebook, phone, tablet etc) would "cease to be yours" when the password changed?

In other words, go ahead and reset your GMail password, run device manager and find the phone. Of course, once you have found it, you will need to enter the new password in to the mail app etc, but access to the device itself will not be affected.

not much you can do if gmail will sign out from the device while in the process of password reset.
    you can ring your phone and promise a reward.

If you didn't enable GPS or permit remote location reporting, ADM may respond with Location unavailable or an imprecise location

Track your lost Android device with Google’s Android Device Manager
      http://trendblog.net/how-to-track-your-lost-android-phone-without-tracking-app/
      •Your device is connected with your Google account.
      •Your device has access to the internet.
      •Allowed Android Device Manager (ADM) to locate your device (turned on by default). This can changed in the Google Settings app.
      •Allowed ADM to lock your device and erase its data (turned off by default).