Why does my WiFi stop working after rebooting my laptop?

Anonymous May 30, 2014

Hi friends,

I have installed Windows 8 pro in my Lenovo G 500 laptop yesterday. I have installed all the drivers which are provided along with my laptop. After I installed the WiFi driver my WiFi worked and once I have restarted the computer the WiFi connection is lost and it displays as WiFi(off). I have tried uninstalling all the drivers and installing them again. Please tell me the solution with a full description as I am new to Windows 8. Thanks in advance.

2. dragonmouth

Do you have a setting in your network manager that says "Connect automatically"? It should have a check mark. This tells the laptop to connect as aprt of the boot process.

it can be Lenovo Energy Management if you have it then uninstall and install the windows 7 one.

Does Lenovo G500 have any wifi problems
    http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Essential/Does-Lenovo-G500-have-any-wifi-problems/td-p/1210088