How do I use WiFi on my computer?
Question by mian hassan /

I can’t understand how to use WiFi on my computer. How do I get started?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

• Jordan

Hey i have the same problem plz help meh

• Chris Hoffman

You should be able to click the little wireless icon in the system tray at the bottom right corner of your screen to view available wireless networks. Just click one to select it; Windows will prompt you for a passphrase if the network requires one.

Don’t see the icon? Your computer might not have Wi-Fi hardware. Laptops should have the hardware, but you probably won’t have Wi-Fi support if you’re using a desktop computer.

Check your computer’s specifications or your computer manufacturer’s website to see if it supports WiFi.

If this doesn’t help you, we’ll need more information to troubleshoot this.

• Vera Mcdonnell

I have the same question. I have a pc running windows xp and am trying to use it wireless.

How to Check if Your Computer is Wi-Fi Enabled
    http://www.ehow.com/how_2171696_check-computer-wifi-enabled.html

Go to control panel then network connections and see if there is a wireless connection shown there

Hello, also you would need a router, and a wireless adapter of any kind.  If it is a laptop, you already have a wireless adapter.

• Jeff Fabish

Start by telling us what operating system you use, Windows XP/Vista/7?