Why won’t my TV turn on?
Question by Grant Duelge /

Whenever I try to turn on my TV the screen stays black, only a red recording light comes on. What can I do?

• rich

my plasma keeps going into stand by mode

• Tony Batty

Grant and Mike you guys need to provide some more info with regards to the type or model of TV you are talking about, but you and also get a Multi tester and follow the instruction on this site

http://www.instructables.com/id/Dell-W5001C-50quot-plasma-fix/step3/Testing-the-Power-Supply/

• mike

i have a 30” toshiba lastnight it was working fine today it wont
    turn on i unplug it and plug it in another outlet nothing no light
    i even tried to turn it on by pushing the power button nothing

• druv vb

Press any button on your remote to power it ON, the red status light should disappear.
    Press any channel button on your TV set to put it ON.
    If doesn’t get ON, hear clicking / hissing /static cracks on the back of your TV, you should go for repairs.

• Dalsan

Also check to make sure the connections are setup properly and tightly connected.

Hello, What kind of TV is it? I would unplug the TV for a few hours, the longer the better and then try again.

• Ryan Dube

A red recording light on your television? What kind of TV is it – what’s the model, how is it connected and what it is connected to? Please provide a little more information to help with troubleshooting….