Why won’t my system boot after installing a GPU driver?

Adarsh J August 24, 2013

I bought a nvidia gainward geforce 210 (1GB,DDR3) recently. When i install the drivers, the system keeps on rebooting after the start screen. Have to do system restore to get the system back on.
Got the latest drivers from nvidia website and also tried installing the drivers in safe mode but still same problem.
System details:
OS: Windows 7
Processor: Intel Pentium D 925 3.00Ghz
Motherboard: Intel i945GZ chipset (Lakeport)
Ram: 3 GB DDR2
what should i do???
Is it possible that its not compatible with my system?
.
PS: I know its an ancient configuration but still does the needful, added the graphic card to play some less resource utilizing games.

If you were previously using the onboard Intel video or if you had an AMD/ATI card installed previously, you should remove the new video card, boot into the system, go to Device Manager and under Display Adapters, right-click on the old video adapter and select uninstall. When prompted to delete the drivers, answer Yes. Shut down the computer, reinstall the new video card, and boot the machine. Enter BIOS and make sure your onboard video is disabled or your video is set to default to your PCIe card (depends on BIOS). Reboot and the new card should be detected and used without the system attempting to use the wrong drivers with your new card.

perhaps in BIOS you have to deactivate internal graphic card and activate the external one.