Why won’t my Samsung tablet charge?

October 11, 2013

Last night I was charging it and while it was on the charger the battery kept going down. I assumed it was from using it while it was charging. I turn off the screen. I turn it back to to check a notification and then it completely shuts down. I keep trying to charge it. It shows no sign that its charging. BUT if I keep pressing the power button and holding it, it shows the battery bar for about 2 seconds and then shuts right back off.

Is your charger actually working? I know that this may be a trivial point, but just a few days ago I charged my phone overnight, only to discor it had lost the rest of its charge! On inspection, it turned out someone had switched off the outlet the charger was plugged into...

hold power on + volume down for 15sec while it is on charge or when connected to pc,

3. Sumanth V

Take the Baterry out for 10 seconds and insert again and then try to charge. I hope this may work

Try performing a power reset. Hold the power button for 30 seconds without it being plugged in. Then place your Tab on a home charger for a couple minutes. After a couple minutes, press the power button again for 30 seconds with the charger plugged in. You can also try the suggestions given here: http://www.galaxytabforums.net/forum/galaxy-tab-2-help/6732-galaxy-tab-2-7-0-rooted-stuck-charging-loop-2.html

• jovani sandoval

you are awesome my friend