Why won’t my PC recognize my phone while I’m installing CyanogenMod 7?

salim benhouhou April 8, 2013

I am Trying To install CM7 on my Galaxy Mini. I followed their guide here :

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_tass
but in the first phase which is installing custom recovery, in step 5 and 6 they say :

Connect the microUSB cable from the computer to the Galaxy Mini.
Wait for Odin to recognize the Galaxy Mini (the box in the top left will turn yellow and say (COM #) where # is a random number).

My PC didn’t recognize my phone when it is off and Odin didn’t recognize my phone. What can I do?

1. Degenerated S

try to install the drivers again .. i guess this will resolve your problem

2. somu1795

throw your phone with great force on the floor then try to reconnect it...... it works !! Try it

3. DalSan M

Is your phone in USB debugging mode? Can your phone get into Download Mode without being connected to the computer? The ADB drivers should be installed to make sure that your phone is detected during download mode.

4. Nevzat A

If Samsung drivers don't work, you can now try freshly released "Universal ADB drivers" : http://www.androidauthority.com/universal-adb-driver-windows-koush-186686/

5. Louis Wang

Make sure you've installed the drivers necessary for your computer to connect to the phone. It won't hurt to turn the phone on either...

6. Ajinkya Datalkar

THIS IS USUAL IF U HAVE AN ANTIVIRUS INSTALLED.....
    EVEN I OWN A GALAXY MINI DEVICE AND I FACE THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN I HAD AN ANTIVIRUS INSTALLED...IT WILL NOT WORK IF U TURN OFF THE ANTI VIRUS U WILL HAVE TO UNINSTALL IT....

• tinas

NO need to scream!

7. Trevor H

have you checked your computers firewall?? Turned off the virus scan? There is notmally a service that needs to be started have a look under start -> run (or search on windows 8 , vista and 7) and type in services.msc

8. Chris Marcoe

The phone won't interact at all if it is off. Have you tried turning it on and doing the install?