Why won’t my Galaxy Tab 3 turn on?

October 7, 2013

I have tried everything and my tablet still will not turn on. I held the power button down, held the power button down while touching the screen, power button and volume down, power and volume button up, power and home button, home button and volume down…

I just bought my tablet about 2 months ago and have not used it in about 1 month. I know the battery is dead but when I try to charge it, whether it be on the pc or through the charger, it does not do anything.

How do I resolve this?

1. chyanne

Well I had my samsung galaxy tab for a couple of months and one day it would not turn on I tried everything but nothing worked so I just decided to leave the charger plugged in for 24 hrs and didnt try it until the following month then I held the home button down the volume buttton down and the on button and it finally worked and this has happened to my cuz and my sis and it worked for all three of us try it u never know

Does not work

3. AJ

I just found an odd fix. Hold the power button down and the volume button down at the same time for about ten seconds. Let go of the volume button and keep the power button down for a few more seconds. Release the power button. No idea why this worked, but it did. Give it a try.

4. Ms Upset

Tab 3, 7" since 9/26/13 charge it powered off last night. Woke up to 13% life, I check for plug/outlett problems, was non. This thing is not charging. Soon as bestbuy open up I will be returning for repairs. Its 6:am

5. smills

Im having same problem since late October. It wont turn on. Even purchased a new charger.

6. dustin

I have tried all of these and noting works and I cant figure out how to take the back off

Plug to an outlet, let it charge for a while then hold down "on" button for a few seconds..it worked!

mine won't turn on either

9. rock

wow i tried changing charger and put the charger which was given to it ,it started working

10. GK

Same problem.. Any solution please advice

11. gloria

I bought my galaxy tab 3 on 10th oct 2013 and have fully charged it twice. On 19th oct it would not turn on . I am angry about this as I am not a tech head (74 years of age) and dont want these problems. I am asking for my money back gloria 20 oct 2013

12. rachel

same problem also......

• joe

Same problem here also.. Ridiculous!! Unit is 2 months old!!

im having the same problem, tried to hold down the power button for 15 secs and more and also tried teh power button and volume down button and no result as well

14. Chinmay S

Have you tried holding down power button for more than 15 seconds?

15. Aniket S

some time it happen to many tabs....try to charge it then try to on it.......if it is not booting leave it for while...and then try to on it.....if u still face same problem u must visit service center........don't try yourself to repair it.....it may cause more problem......

16. Vipul J

a) Let it charge for an hour and then remove the battery, re-insert and try powering on.
    b) If by chance any of your friends has a similar model, try their battery instead to see if the battery is faulty or not.
    c) Visit a service center.

If all else fails, take it to the shop. It's still under warranty!

if battery is empty then device will not boot, plug to the wall for charging and press power ON+Volume Down for few seconds