Why won’t my Galaxy Tab 2 turn on past the charging icon?
Question by Jessica /

The battery of my tablet ran out so it turned off i plugged it in it said it was charging and tried to turn it on it didnt turn on so i left it to charge while i was at school but when i came home i tried to turn it on again i have tried holding down the volume and on buttons and it still hasn’t worked. I’m also going to try changing the charger. Any ideas? My dad will be mad if its broken.

• Old_Jedi

I changed me charger and the tablet powered right up…

• Ajinkya Datalkar

try entering the recovery mode by pressing VOLUME UP and POWER KEY together..
    wait for 5-10secs and then u will enter the recovery mode, in recovery mode VOLUME UP and DOWN keys to move aroung…..select WIPE DATA/RESET….if u are not able to enter the recovery mode, u will have to take your phone to the customer service center…

AND DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!
    SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH :-(

• Siti

Tks Ajinkya. I was worried an hour ago cos my tab did not light up. I was worried all my conversations with my customers would be gone or wiped out. I followed your suggestion and instead of wipe data/reset, I just selected reboot. It worked. And now I feel safe. Tks all for, your wonderful replies that really helped a friend in need

• diena

Nothing has worked battery shows charging only
      a.

• diena

battery shows charging. tried multiple wall outlets. plugged un plugged.held down both keys. nothing but battery shows. please help.only a 7 months old.

• Chris Marcoe

Press and hold both power and volume down buttons for 5 seconds, then release vol. down button while holding down power button for another 5 seconds, then release. This should reset the power, and it should boot normally.

What that does is cycles the power. Iffin that don’t work, I think you’ll have to call support.

• Harshit Jain

This behavior is strange. If ha14’s suggestion does not work, you may have to give your tablet to customer care.

press and hold the power button 10 sec ?

Press and hold both power and volume down buttons for 10 seconds, then release vol. down button while holding down power button for another 10 seconds, before releasing.

plug to pc and wait to be recognized?

take out the battery so that samsung fully discharge so this should help reset replug the battery

• louise

I had the same problem with my Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1. When I plugged it into charge the charging battery came on and then the screen just went blank. I tried charging it over night but that didn’t make any difference so i took it into the Argos store. I had bought the tablet from Argos over the internet for Christmas. The woman in the store was going to replace but then she tried another charger and it worked so maybe your charger is broke. I am getting a new charger soon

• be

Thanks Ha14. It has worked for me.