Why won’t my Comcast DVR stream to my iPad?

Stephanie Braithwaite February 28, 2013

I have an Xfinity Comcast DVR and we are supposed to be able to stream to the iPad and it is not being recognized. My router is a Linksys e2000 and has mixed bandwidths operating right now.

1. Tanveer Ahmed

First you need to download the app for your idevice download it by clicking on the following link
    after you have successfully installed the app you can stream videos

View TV listings by selecting TV Listings at the bottom of the app.
    Browse XFINITY® On Demand programming by selecting On Demand at the bottom of the app.
    Search both TV listings and XFINITY On Demand by typing a title in the Search box at the top of the app.
    Turn your device into a remote control for your set top box.
    On an iPad, in the upper right of the app is a drop-down menu. Select the name of the set top box you want to control. This will be saved for your next session.
    On an iPhone/iPod touch, it’s in Settings. Select the name of the set top box you want to control in the drop-down menu. This will be saved for your next session.

• Stephanie

The DVR manager says it is not recognizing my device on my PC so I cannot use the iPad until it can recognize the device...it is the correct device as I checked with Comcast...

Use DVR Manager in the XFINITY® TV Application

Setting up my DVR from my Iphone Xfinity App

How to Set Up iPad Parental Controls and Content Filtering - See more at: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/03/26/how-to-set-up-ipad-parental-controls-and-content-filtering/#sthash.mWSSbKGH.dpuf
    on ipad and settings
    Look under general -restrictions(if it is on continue)-allowed content-apps

Go to the settings app->Wi-Fi->tap the arrow next to your Wi-Fi network->change the DNS server to