Why won’t MakeUseOf pages scroll properly, can’t I login or receive the newsletter?

Larry H August 30, 2013

Hi,

1. Why don’t I get the MakeUseOf newsletter?
  2. Why can’t  I login?
  3. Why can’t I use the site properly? The screens won’t scroll?

I am running Firefox 23 on Windows 7 and use AOL for email.

Thanks.

3. Tim Brookes

Hi,

1) You can receive the newsletter by subscribing in the box on the top right-hand side of this (and every) MakeUseOf page. You will need to confirm your subscription, so enter your email, click Subscribe, check your Inbox, confirm and then you should receive it daily. The other issue here might be your spam filters catching it and deeming it to be junk mail, so be sure to check your spam folder. If this is the case there should be a button for marking the message as being not spam, though I'm not familiar with AOL mail.

2) If you can't login, click on the Login button at the top of the screen, click the forgotten password link and enter the email you originally signed up with, presumably your @aol address. You should receive an email with a temporary password from "Punchtab Support". You can then use this to login using the button above.

3) I don't know why pages won't scroll properly - what screen resolution are you you using? Have you tired accessing the website in a different browser, like Chrome? I know a lot of our users browse the site in Firefox without any issues. I'd recommend trying a different browser and reporting back.

Hopefully this helps,

Tim