Why so some people still prefer Firefox?

Sameh E August 31, 2013

Why do people still prefer Firefox instead of chrome although it’s performance is slower?

Firefox is favourable because -

It's open source.
    Less memory consumption than chrome.
    DownThemAll has still no chrome alternative which is a best download manager.

2. Cean L

One thing I hate about Chrome is about the scrolling problem (IDK if you experience the scrolling and full screen video lag). Firefox on the other hand is easy peasy as always, and the download manager is awesome.

3. Lisa O

Addons, my friend. That's one reason why I'd always keep a Firefox handy.

4. VaĊĦek V

Some people prefer Firefox to Chrome for its open source, particularly in these times when NSA looks at our internet lifes through tools kindly provided by giant companies.

5. Dale M

The time is long over that FX is slower than Chrome. Now it's the opposite, also compare the memory managemenf of Chrome and Firefox. Often 80% less RAM usage when using FX.

6. dragonmouth

I do not choose to use Chrome because I have philosophical objections to Google, the Great Benevolent (for now) Dictator.

7. Harshit J

The first reason is that firefox has a lot of customization options. I can get a chrome like minimal look by hiding the toolbar, I can customize the entire interface very easily, there are proper theme and not just colour shades or wallpapers. Firefox has many features that Google Chrome does not have like a better download manager, RSS feed reader, ability to set fonts for websites, ability to disable image loading if your are on slow connection etc. The list could go on. Advanced users like us want more control over the browser that chrome does not provide. Moreover Chrome has become a resource hog.

Maybe because they are satisfied with Firefox? Maybe Chrome doesn't have all the features or add-ons they've become used to.

If you've used a browser for a long time it's also cumbersome moving all your data like favorites, saved passwords etc.to a new browser. Personally, I still have most bookmarks on my Opera Link account.

And I might switch back to Opera soon too ~ after all you can use pretty much all extensions of Chrome within Opera.

9. Robiuzzaman R

1. Firefox web browser comes first when maximum people is depends on internet by using internet chat.
    2. Firefox web browser is so much easy and familiar to use for a new computer or internet user.
    3. Firefox web browser Download, History, Bookmark etc. tabs easy to find.
    4. Maximum internet users are using Firefox web browser for that reason their friends and family think that Firefox will be reliable web browser.

10. Indronil M

What keeps me using firefox rather than chrome is
    1 a better download manager
    2 addons like download helper have no alternative
    3 some adds skips ad blocker in chrome in spite of proper configuration

and as per as benchmark is concerned
    toms hardware already reviewed firefox as more stable and faster than chrome ..
    and in a slow connection several pages render better in firefox and ie which fails to load in chrome which i have experienced

11. Chinmay S

What do you mean by some people?
    In 2007, Firefox was used by more than 125 million people. Did you compare Firefox 22 with Chrome? Reviews state that Firefox has beaten Chrome and the reason for Chrome coming at second place was bad page load reliability.

At the time of writing this question you were using Firefox.

12. dragonmouth

Why do you prefer Chrome when IE comes with Windows?
    Why do you prefer Windows when Linux is much more secure?

It is called choice.

BTW - I've been using Firefox since it was called Phoenix.