Why isn’t my micro SD card detected on my PC?

Anu L August 31, 2013

My micro SD adapter is not detected on my PC.  I found the lock button and I checked if it is unlocked and it is.   It still is not detected.

1. David C

You need to check your card reader`s driver first if its properly installed or not. For safe side please try using another card to test the reader in any case you would be able to diagnose that whether its the problem with card reader or memory card. Thanks

2. Sharjeel L

Try running your SD card on another computer. Maybe its corrupted or damaged.

3. Robiuzzaman R

Please make sure that your flash card driver is properly installed on your laptop then try to be sure that your micro SD card port is physically well or damaged , and then download latest or win-8 card driver for your laptop model from your laptop manufactured web site, and install. I'm sure that your memory card will work.

id it recognized by other pc?

1) open cmd with administrative rights
    2) on the blackboard type--> diskpart
    3) then type type--> list volume
    do you see your sd card?