Why isn’t MakeUseOf recognizing my login?

Bruce Whitney March 11, 2013

I just registered for an account using Google. The popup screen confirmed access. But no matter what I do or how many times I try to login to make a comment, I keep getting the message I need to register.

How can I get the site to recognize my registration?

Please advise.

1. muotechguy

This happens because third party cookies are not being accepted by your browser. 3 possible causes:

1. Adblock, NoScript, Ghostery, DoNotTrack, or any of that privacy type of plugin.
    2. Avira system firewall/AV does this.
    3. Browser settings - check the cookies panel and make it sure it accepts any and all cookies.

• Bruce Whitney

Thanks All. Clearing the cache seems to have done the trick.

Clear your browser cache and try again.
    To clear your cache either use CCleaner or click on Tools then Properties.
    Click on the Advanced tab then on the Network tab and you will see it.
    (It may not be called Network in English, its how it translates but its the second tab).

3. Anish P

Sometimes an Ad-blocker that you may have installed on your browser could be messing up the sign-in process. If you have an Ad-blocker installed, try disabling the ad-blocker for this domain and see if you get different results. If that still doesn't work, try using a different browser.