Why isn’t a proper thumbnail shown when I try to share a blog post with video?

Raazan Malla April 17, 2013

When I share a blog post with a video, no thumbnail of the video is generated. Some random images from the blog are shown as thumbnail.

For example, when I tried to share this post in Google+, Facebook or other social networks, video thumbnail is not shown, but some random images are shown as thumbnail.

Please suggest how to display video thumbnail when sharing.

1. Athul Jayaram

Do this http://www.bloggerhow.com/2012/07/implement-open-graph-in-blogger-blogs.html you will get right images on your blogger

• Raazan Malla

I did as written in your blog post. But sharing my blog post didn't give me the thumbnail of the video in that post. Only images are available as options for thumbnails. For eg, when we share a video from youtube in google+, we get the video thumbnail not the image thumbnail. Similarly, when sharing the blog post which contains a video (link in the question above), I want the video thumbnail, not the image thumbnail. How can I do that?