Why is Windows Vista Home Premium messed up since installing SP1 & 2 and upgrading to IE9?

Star Halaway April 28, 2013

I have Windows Vista Home Premium.

My Google Chrome and Firefox browser kept saying Shockwave Flash has crashed and is not responding. So I uninstalled them and tried to install IE9, but had to install SP1 and 2 in order to do so.

Ever since then, every time I turn on the computer it goes to a blue screen, then restarts giving me the options to start Windows normally. Now it seems that computer is not responding period. Browsers still say not responding and computer programs take forever.

1. Chris Marcoe

This is going to sound bad, but I am serious when I say: Because it's Vista. you are better off going back to XP. Or, if your comp can handle it, Win7.

Good luck.

2. yudics

can you log on to safe mode?, try to restore your system by using system restore..

uninstall Sp1 and Sp2 then run the following
    Run System Update Readiness Tool
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/What-is-the-System-Update-Readiness-Tool
    reboot and run windows update again