Why is the share bar not always shown?

Catherine M June 29, 2013

Why does the share bar (.gig-bar-container?) not always show on the MakeUseOf page?

Approximately 30% of the time that I load a MakeUseOf page, it does not show the share bar, I think it is actually called the gig-bar-container. I have to reload the page before it shows up.

1. Alan W

IOn adition to Lelands answer it maybe helpful to know that the ads you see on MUO help to pay most of the costs and keep this site free for people asking questions. A couple of ad,s cant be all that bad, can they?

2. Yudono R

i've experienced before and the culprit is my browser screen size , zooming in-out should fix it

3. Harshit J

I think the problem is with the zoom. Try zooming in and out on the MUO article webpage. The widget bar appears floating on the left side and you zoom out and below the article when you zoom in.

I do have the same problem and to add something, sometimes the pages do not load and i have to use another browser or clear the cookies before being able to view the pages. it is either the site or our connection or might be some plugins or addons.

5. Leland Whitlock

There are many reasons this could happen. Most likely it is an ad blocker, NoScript, Ghostery or one of many others causing the issue. Worse yet it seems to be somewhat random which leads me to think it is a timing bug tied to all the scripts running on the site. Whitelisting makeuseof.com in all the blocking extensions you use should fix the issue at least most of the time. I still see it a bit with the white listing but at least it is livable. Good luck.

• Catherine M

Thanks Leland. I have made this site an exception in my AdBlocker. I will see if that makes a difference. -- although, I immediately hated seeing all those ads.