Why is the camera on my Samsung tablet not working?

softkitty67 June 15, 2013

I got my Samsung Tablet 7 inch for Christmas of 2012. Yesterday, I was going to take a picture of my cat and the camera didn’t work. I was very upset so I downloaded a camera app and it said it wouldn’t work because the lens is open.

How do I open the lens? I really like making videos, but now I can’t. Please help!

1. Brian D

You may want to try to reboot the firmware. This is NOT by just powering off. You need to hold the home button and the volume down button and then press and hold the power button when it is in the off state. Let me know how this works for you.

chat with Samsung agent online, maybe you can get replacement if it is under warranty.

3. DalSan M

Try going into Settings, Manage Applications (or Application Manager), swipe left or select the All tab, then scroll and select the Camera application. From there select Clear Cache and Clear Data. Also, make sure your tablet is up to date. In Settings, scroll down to About Device, then select Software Update. If that didn't bring up an option to update the firmware (operating system), then download and install Kies Mini: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Telephony-SMS-GSM/Samsung-Kies-Mini.shtml After installation is completed, start Kies Mini and then connect your tablet. If there are any updates for your tablet, there should be notifications saying that there are. If not, there should be an option to check for updates. If these do not help you, check back and we can offer more suggestions.