Why is the Calender Storage app eating data on my HTC One?

Fred G May 7, 2013

I have a new HTC One (Awesome Phone BTW) but I have a data analysis app called “My Data Manager” and it is show that an app called Calendar Storage is burning up my mobile data plan.

Any ideas how I can tweak this?

You can usually check data usage for each app by going to Settings –> Wireless & Networks –> Data Usage.The below article has extensively discussed about controlling data usage in Android phone -

How to Minimize Your Android Data Usage and Avoid Overage Charges

You can also use Onavo Count app to verify your doubt about your calendar app.

• Fred G

Thanks to all, don't know what I have done but it is back to almost nothing.

2. DalSan M

How much data is the calendar storage using? Do you use and how much is on your Google calendar for it to sync so much? If you don't have anything marked on your calendar, then syncing should not be performed so often, especially as much as you are saying. I would try ha14's suggestion to try to stop the over syncing issue, but if you rely on the scheduled dates to be available on your phone, then you may need to try another method or calendar app.

• Fred G

Not much use of the calendar at the moment. Really not keen on rooting a new phone (yet). But if it comes down to it...

Thinking I might investigate using Juice Defender to control the apps.

• DalSan M

You could go to Settings, Manage Apps, then find Calendar Storage and select Disable so that it will not sync anymore. If you wish to have your Gmail calendar events synced again, just reenable it.

it can be a glitch in the program

it can be twitter, facebook syncing in the background...google calendar

you can use droidwall (root required!) to prevent syncing so you can check which one is causing the problem.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.googlecode.droidwall.free