Why is Teamviewer showing up as a process, but not visible in the notification area or taskbar?

September 16, 2013

Hi, recently I noticed that TeamViewer 8 on Windows 7 Enterprise was running in the process manager and consuming ~25% of the CPU usage. I haven’t needed to use it in a while, but today when I went to open it, I get no splash screen, no window, and no icon in the notification tray. The process runs when I start it, with a lot of CPU usage like before, but no other signs of it running are evident. I just uninstalled and reinstalled and that didn’t fix anything. I’m a computer guy, so I feel dumb for asking this, but I couldn’t find anything online. Thanks for your time!

1. Funkspiel F

Just stop it from running with task manager. I have to use the task manager to close teamviewer 8 as it would close when i click the red x...ive gotten used to it.

TeamViewer can run in "unattended access" mode, where it runs as a service and allows you (or *someone*, at any rate...) to access the computer remotely. It may be that your copy was configured to allow this. To change the setting:
    Run TeamViewer
    Choose Extras=>Options
    In "General", ensure that "Start TeamViewer with Windows" is unticked
    In the "Security" tab:
    Remove any password from the "Personal Password" section
    Ensure that "Windows logon" is set to "Not allowed".

1) Right click on the taskbar
    2) Properties then Customize...
    3) Check Team Viewer icon select Show icon and notifications
    4) Click OK and Done