Why is Shazam not working on my PC?
Question by Dhaval Gohel /

I have recently purchased Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. I have installed Shazam and it’s not working. It shows the error- “We couildn’t find any match.” Can anyone help?

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Marc Moran

Check your microphone, and try reinstalling the app from the Windows Store, and check if others are having a problem in the consumer reviews.

• Jose Paolo Gonzales Otico

Your microphone might not be configured correctly. Check to make sure it’s actually picking up sound.

Shazam app for Windows 8 is in Windows Store so it should be compatible. Perhaps something went wrong or firewall blocking Shazam?

Shazam works perfectly well on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 8 provided you have a working microphone, perhaps more suited for mobile use.

• Yiz Borol

It depends how you’re using it.

What Shazam does is listen to music using a microphone, if you bought a laptop you probably have it near the top of the screen close to the camera, if you bought a desktop, then you need to provide your on mic.
    If the microphone can’t pick up the sound Shazam can’t tell what music is playing.

When I use it I’ll pull out my headphones and turn the volume all the way up, then the microphones pick up the music. it might also help to tilt or lean the mic closer to your speakers.