Why is my UPS making a noise when I turn on my computer?

Dinesh T May 26, 2012

While playing my brother fell down and busted the UPS to which my computer is connected.Now a sound comes from it whenever I switch on the computer. What can I do to fix this?

1. ALi

hey dude i have the same problem it makes tick tock tic tock , annoying

2. TheNetworkedOne

You should replace your UPS ASAP, due to the fact that something internal may be broken. Never mess with batteries.
    -Kelvin

3. guthagowtham

Check the power supply.
    Power up and downs may come at times. Better bring and attach a stabilizer to your computer.

Check your battery.
    Battery life may be expired. Replace your UPS battery or buy a new UPS.

4. Kyem Ghosh

I guess its a rattling sound. Something has got detached or broken and the sound is caused due to the vibration of the broken object. Or if the transformer gets displaced, it will cause some buzzing sound as it may get in touch of the inner shell of the ups. This may cause overheating. you should not fix this on your own cz there are transformers inside and a lead acid battery and an inverter too.... You should better go for a mechanic to do this...

Is the UPS always on and running quietly until the computer is turned on or is the UPS turned off if the computer is off? What kind of sound is it? Is it a buzzing noise or rattling?