Why is my Samsung Galaxy stuck at an Android downloading screen?
Question by Laura Murray /

My Samsung Galaxy was not turning on so I searched for what to do. I saw something about rebooting it so I did, now my screen has a picture of an Android guy digging and there is writing that says “Downloading…do not turn off target!!!” It’s been there for an hour and a half, what do I do?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged , , .
Android Tips, Issues & Apps
Android Tips, Issues & Apps
Android Rooting & ROMs
Android Rooting & ROMs
Smartphone Photography
Smartphone Photography
Android Phones & Hardware
Android Phones & Hardware
Apple Hardware Discussion
Apple Hardware Discussion

• Tanya

my samsung galaxy 2 died earlier, when i plugged it into the charger, it is stuck in "downloading...do not turn off target!!" scree. holding the power button does not fix it nor did taking out the battery....HELP

As mentioned above,you need to press VOLUME UP + MENU BUTTON + POWER BUTTON at a same time to get your phone to normal state.

• Leah

Yay, it worked! Thank you!

• mehmed

I pushed the Power button, but there 's this Samsung Galaxy openning jingle on the screen, for hours... It does not switch on.. what shoud i do? Holding the Power button doesnt help...

• Nvi

Odin stop responding and downloading process stuck at near end.. after restar phone stop responing for on /off... what should i do now? ;<

• Deepak Kapoor

Its on bootloader mode. Just restart your device. ;)

• ryandigweed0

Try pulling out the battery, and then leave it for a while. Then put it back on and try. If you flashed your galaxy with a firmware, i think you might have did something wrong in the process

• Susendeep Dutta

Hold the power button until it shuts down or restarts.Now,you need to enter into recovery mode by pressing and holding VOLUME UP + MENU BUTTON + POWER BUTTON.

NOTE :- Do not press VOLUME DOWN button.