Why is my printer not working properly?

Hrithika July 12, 2011

My printer is not working properly, it takes too much time to print documents or sometimes it even doesn’t print. When I restart the computer, it prints the previous pending document. Please help me finding out where the problem is. Thank you!

1. K T Watt

d-link

2. K T Watt

where is win+r

Sounds like a spooler issue.  In many cases, you can simply restart the spooler service to get it going again (if it isn't printing anything).  To do this, press Win+R to open the Run dialog and type 'services.msc' (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Scroll down to Print Spooler, right-click and select 'Restart'.  If this does not work, you may need to stop the print spooler, open the spool directory of the affected printer, clear either the first or all pending documents, and restart the spooler (normally because of corrupted spool files).

Hrithika,

can you please specify your printer model and what operating system and version you are using? Thank you!