Why is my PC not responding after logging into my user account?

Erik March 20, 2013

OK I installed Daemon Tools to play Sims 3 from ĀµTorrent and then after a while, my PC started to bug out and not respond to anything. I tried to open a tab or app and it won’t open. And if it does it won’t respond. Then my PC won’t respond.

I tried to delete Daemon Tools, but it still happens and tried to delete Sims 3, but it still won’t respond. And finally I looked and looked for solutions. Till I found out how to do system restore I did it, but it still won’t respond.

Can someone help me please. I’d really appreciate your help, thanks!

Hello, sorry to say this, but your system might be infected. It is really hard nowadays to trust any of the things you can get from torrents. Did you try scanning the file you downloaded before running it?

I would suggest downloading the following software to check your system:

Superantispyware:
    http://www.superantispyware.com/portablescanner.html?tag=SAS_HOMEPAGE

Malwarebytes:
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/

In my personal opinion, daemon tools can cause problems for your system more times than it is useful.

2. julien c

Most likely you have a old computer, its also possible that your computer got infected. Try defragmenting the disk. If its a virus you should have anti-malware software installed.

If you downloaded a game from a torrent site it is most likely infected!
    Run a complete virus scan to see if anything is detected. Create a new user and try logging on and test the account. It is possible your profile has become corrupted or infested.

Get Malwarebytes and update it. Reboot PC into Safe Mode and do a quick scan. Delete stuff it finds and do a full scan followed by delete. Torrents are a great source of malware.

I believe the key to this is the phrase "to play Sims 3 from uTorrent". Because of this, you should probably burn a copy of Trinity Rescue Kit to disc, use it to boot the machine in question and run a complete scan using at least 2 of the tools from TRK until they report that they have found no more malware.

6. SaapeXD MoHods

You could also create a New Account and see if this happens in that account!

Further more: Check Task manager, see whats using most CPU Usage! A program using too high CPU Usage (like 99%) Could make the whole computer to FREEZE! It could be a Virus or just a Program Gone Berserk. ^_^

if all else fails, try restoring the PC to factory settings. The procedure is different for different PCs so look it up in your manual or on the manufacturer's web site. Normally you start it from Windows by using a special utility, or by pressing a special key combination such as Ctrl+F11 at startup.
    Warning: this kind of factory reset will erase your C: drive completely before putting a new copy of the system on it. Make sure to back up all your important data (including mail, bookmarks etc) before going ahead with it!

you can use windows restore point to revert back to earlier state, if you have windows cd boot on it and follow the instruction.

9. Nevzat A

Try to boot into "safe mode", then uninstall Daemon Tools to see if it helps.
    To boot into safe mode, you should press F8 when booting up Windows and choose Safe Mode from the list. More info here : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/start-your-computer-in-safe-mode