Why is my microSD card not recognized by my new Samsung phone, but works fine with the old Nokia?

Momina Khan February 15, 2013

I had Nokia 5130 and a memory card of 2GB. Then I bought a new mobile which is Samsung Galaxy S5360. So now when I try to put my Nokia’s microSD card in it, it says that my phone does not have SD card inserted. The memory card works in my Nokia mobile but not in Samsung mobile.

1. Joel Thomas

Insert the memory card in a memory card reader or the nokia phone itself
    and connect to a pc
    then format it in fat 32

2. Prashant Mirjankar

Try formatting the microSD card in windows with FAT32(format) then try using it in your Samsung mobile

3. Momina Khan

when i put my sd card in my samsung mobile nd try to format it.. they say there is no sd card inserted so hw do i format it on my mobile rather than using a card reader....??

4. Tanmay Mohan

u may need to format the card on your computer and then format it again on samsung mobile

5. Gaurav Joshi

use killdisk to format the sdcard and then try it on your samsung

you need to format the sd card from your samsung mobile to make it work with the phone.

7. Jan Fritsch

Maybe the format and/or file system Nokia is using is not compatible. If you have a card reader on your computer insert the SD card and format it there. Use FAT32 for highest compatibility. Then try using it in your Galaxy again.

did you formatted the sd card in Nokia then tried on samsung? if yes then format it on windows desktop and try on samsung.