Why is my internet connection so slow?

Anonymous November 29, 2013

I have been having some serious issues with lagging and high ping rates (particularly when playing League of Legends) I don’t know too much about my connection but it is Cincinnati Bell Fiber Optics, preformed some tests online and got:

• 44-115 ms (PING). Second one was from a much farther server
  • 2.13 Mbps download speed
  • 1.49 Mbps upload speed
  • 1% packet loss
  • 79 ms Jitter (also from the farther server roughly 150 mi.)

Please help me find a way to reduce this, post comments if you need more information or can help in any way, thanks so much!

1. Glen

download DNSJumper for free

Use google public DNS.
    8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
    This will certainly improve speed to some extent.

3. Muthu K

Clear your Browser History, Cache (escpecially for Google Chrome), Junk Files And restart your computer and try it now...

If League of Legends server causes high ping, then there is nothing much you can do. Only League of Legends can fix it.
    if it is from your ISP then they can reduce it from their side.

• Bruce E

If you are concerned about RTT, a ping test is only giving you the executive summary. You should run a traceroute instead to see which segment on the path is slowing things down, even though a ping response of 115ms isn't that serious. I'd be more concerned about the packet loss, especially if it is TCP traffic since the packets will need to be retransmitted and the later traffic will be held until the missing packets show up before being passed up the stack.