Why is my 40″ Polaroid TV not getting a signal from my desktop PC?

Luis December 6, 2012

I have connected my TV to my HP desktop PC running Windows Vista, but it just gives me a blue screen with a no signal message.

I connected it to my Samsung PC and it works great. I can hear the PC start and it goes through the motions but for some reason I lose the signal. I have changed the VGA cable twice, but I still get the same message. Any ideas?

1. Justin Pot

Might be a dumb question, but does the desktop PC work with a standard monitor?

2. Dave Rimmer

As ha14 stated make sure you have the correct channel selected, also if you are using a VGA cable to connect the laptop to the PC you will not receive Audio so need to also connect the Audio with an Audio cable, if your laptop has HDMI use that.

Change the TV video input source to match the video source connection from the computer (Line-1, Video-1, HDMI, etc.). Refer to the documentation that came with the TV for instructions.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01369231&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3884584
    Certain display adapters need to have TV set as the primary display adapter before it can be recognized at all. If the computer is not "detecting" the TV as a display device when the computer is turned on, set TV as the primary display device in Windows and restart the computer.