Why is it saying module is missing when trying to set up SDK tools on Windows for Android Debug Bridge?

Trushar Kalarthi November 12, 2012

After installing Android Debug Bridge SDK, it says missing entries “start server” and “kill timer.”

So when I connect my phone and open command prompt, it says “can’t start ADB services, specified module is missing.”

Which component is missing and how can I replenish that? Thanks!

Hello Trushar, if your sole interest is obtaining ADB, I don't suggest installing the entire SDK Tools package because it's an extraordinarily large file and it's also quite complex.

In truth you only need a few megabytes worth of files in order to achieve ADB and complete the root process (if that's what you're looking for).

This guide uses a minimal number of files and, as a result, is quite simple to use. I find that simplicity also helps prevent mistakes. Hope this is of use to you!

2. Drew Butler

Don't have time right now to go through finding a resolution to your issue but I wanted to point you to http://www.xda-developers.com/

Pretty much anything Android is discussed on there and is my go to website when I have questions or a new device and want to check out device specific development information. I'm sure if you go on there and do a quick search you will find a thread that explains exactly how to overcome your issue. Anyways. g2g get ready for work. Hope this helps :)

• Trushar Kalarthi

thankss for your timeee.......buck up

no problem

You need to install additional modules required for your operations.For this,you can see the instructions in the link below which accomplish the task that you want to do -

• Trushar Kalarthi

hey thanks.......