Why is it saying module is missing when trying to set up SDK tools on Windows for Android Debug Bridge?
Question by Trushar Kalarthi /

After installing Android Debug Bridge SDK, it says missing entries “start server” and “kill timer.”

So when I connect my phone and open command prompt, it says “can’t start ADB services, specified module is missing.”

Which component is missing and how can I replenish that? Thanks!

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , ; or ask your own question.

• Kannon Y

Hello Trushar, if your sole interest is obtaining ADB, I don’t suggest installing the entire SDK Tools package because it’s an extraordinarily large file and it’s also quite complex.

In truth you only need a few megabytes worth of files in order to achieve ADB and complete the root process (if that’s what you’re looking for).

This guide uses a minimal number of files and, as a result, is quite simple to use. I find that simplicity also helps prevent mistakes. Hope this is of use to you!

• Drew Butler

Don’t have time right now to go through finding a resolution to your issue but I wanted to point you to http://www.xda-developers.com/

Pretty much anything Android is discussed on there and is my go to website when I have questions or a new device and want to check out device specific development information. I’m sure if you go on there and do a quick search you will find a thread that explains exactly how to overcome your issue. Anyways. g2g get ready for work. Hope this helps :)

You need to install additional modules required for your operations.For this,you can see the instructions in the link below which accomplish the task that you want to do –