Why is AirDroid not sending long messages, only short ones?

Cristián T November 25, 2013

Hello. I sometimes get this error that states that AirDroid failed to send a message. This only happened with one message, and I let it slide even though I was never able to send it. Then there was another message that I tried to send to a friend through AirDroid, AirDroid reported the same error, that AirDroid was not able to send the message.

I noticed that AirDroid usually reports this error when I send particularly long messages. When I send short messages, this error doesn’t seem to occur. There should not be a limit to how many characters a message contains in order to be sent from AirDroid, and there never has been ever since I started using it in 2011. Please help me fix this problem. Thank you so much for your time and patience.

1. saratsarat7
    • Cristián T

Thanks for the link but, after reading through it, I haven't found a way to allow AirDroid to send messages longer than (I think) 161 characters.

2. Emily

"We've just built a test version for those who fail to send long messages. It will divide the long SMS into multiple SMS. Would you please help us to do a test of it? If you are willing to be an AirDroid tester, please contact us at support@airdroid.com. Thanks in advance. "

http://forum.airdroid.com/discussion/11375/sms-messages-fail-to-send#Item_5

• Cristián T

Ok, and, how do I get this version? Do I uninstall and reintall the AirDroid app on my phone or something? Google Play only gives me the options to open or uninstall the program, nothing regarding updates.

• Emily

You may contact their customer service: support@airdroid.com