Why I am not earning points for sharing, liking and tweeting the posts on MakeUseOf?

Rama M August 31, 2013

Alright, to be clear I am getting points for +1, liking and tweeting, but only for the FIRST post that I read everyday.  So if I am reading some 5 posts per day, and do all sharing, tweeting and liking there should be a 150 point increase but I am getting only 30 (that from the first post).  What I am doing wrong or is there a problem with the system?
I’ve tested it with various browsers and various connection speeds (512 kbps to 4 mbps).

Thanks.

1. MakeUseOf TechGuy

This isn't an error, it's spam protection. You only earn points for the first action on each social network per day.

• MakeUseOf TechGuy

Another way of looking at it is: why are you sharing *everything* you read? How about only sharing things that you really think are awesome, and not just blindly doing it *in order to get points*? Your friends will no doubt appreciate that.

• Erlis D

In fact, this is becoming so boring that I'm considering quitting on commenting (since sharing it's not something that I don't want to do everyday. I don't want to fill in my social media's walls with sharing posts anyway...). I thought this was something temporary, but in fact my comments doesn't show at all, even after many days...

P.S.
      I'm not even sure if this comment will show up... -.-'

• James B

If you post a link, they are held for moderation, that's all.