Why hasn’t Facebook gotten back to me after I submitted my ID?

Toby C April 9, 2013

So exactly a week ago, I was on my email when I got a new email saying that my Facebook account had been changed, and another one titled “Someone may have accessed your account”.

Just a bit of a backstory, I gave my friend the password to the account that day, and in the email, it gave the IP address, operating system, browser, and estimated location of the person who had changed the password, and it matched him(he told me it was him the next day).

On the email, it gave me an option to “secure your account”, and that was what I clicked, even though I knew it was him.(I changed my mind and decided I didn’t want him on it, after all…)

It then gave me this page on FB saying:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Secure Your Account
You started securing your account on Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 9:32pm by clicking a link we emailed you.

To finish securing your account, you’ll need to answer a few questions and change your password. For your protection, no one can see you on Facebook until you finish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So yeah, I clicked the “continue” button, and the next page says:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upload a photo ID
To make sure this is your account, we need you to upload a color photo of your government-issued ID. Your ID should include your name, birthday and photo.
Acceptable IDs include your:
Passport
Driver’s license
State-issued ID card
Military ID card
Immigration ID with signature
We won’t accept:
Your profile picture
Everyday pictures
Clip art

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I submit my ID and then it says:

“Please provide a secure email”, so I provide my email,
and then it says “Are you sure this email is secure?” so I select yes.

and then finally it says:
“Thanks for uploading your ID
Someone will review your uploaded ID shortly and reply to you at the email address you provided.”

SHORTLY. YEAH RIGHT.

I’ve already submitted my ID since I first came across this page, a week ago, to no avail. I’ve submitted it 10+ times, I’ve been waiting for a week, yet Facebook still hasn’t replied.
Seriously, what kind of a crappy customer service is this? For such a large company/website, with over a billion users, like seriously?

I receive those same pages whenever I login to the account, starting with the “Secure Your Account” page.

After the first time I submitted my ID, I got an email from Facebook saying:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi,

We locked your account because it might be compromised. Here’s how you can get back in:

1. Try logging in to your account and completing the recovery steps from a computer or mobile phone that you normally use to access Facebook. You can start the recovery process here:

https://www.facebook.com/recover.php

2. If your account is still locked, please wait while we review your ID.

If you haven’t provided an ID that meets our requirements, please reply to this email and attach a picture of your ID. You can review what types of ID we accept and how to send your attachments over a secure connection here:

https://www.facebook.com/help/?page=148993491850191

Note that we won’t be able to take any action on this account without a picture of an ID that meets these requirements. For your privacy, this account will remain hidden on the site until you are able to pass the lock on your account.

Thanks,
The Facebook Team
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven’t received any more emails from them since.