Why has my Facebook account been disabled and what can I do about it?

stuart michael Montgomery May 18, 2012

I tried to access my Facebook account this morning, but when I typed in my password it said my account had been disabled. This came as a shock to me, and I now cannot contact my family and friends or access the pictures I had on my account.

I have not been given any reason for this and I feel this has to be a mistake. I have emailed Facebook 6 or 7 times, without reply, asking why my account has been disabled. Could you please try and help me to sort this matter out as I’m not really the best educated person when it comes to computers or the Internet. Thanks for your time!

Stuart

1. tchakoute noume simplisse

dear,
    this morning my facebook was deactivated so how can i activate it ?
    thank you.

2. ramil cruz

I tried to access my Facebook account this morning, but when I typed in my password it said my account had been disabled. This came as a shock to me, and I now cannot contact my family and friends or access the pictures I had on my account.

3. Abdul Hashim

Facebook is a criminal organisation like youtube is, they will do whatever they like to please themselves, so if you really must be with them just open another account.

4. sahar khakparvar

my account has been disable tooooooo

5. Sarah Galaly

hi my Facebook account has been disabled what can i do ???
    help please !!

6. kyuna

Oh sad to say but i get mad today coz twices my acount was disable.so now how can open it coz there my way only to see my family please help me to access this again.

7. diksha kumari

why my account not in facebook?

8. sasidharan

the last some days my face book not open

if i type my id open another ones face book

When another's account gets opened,log out from that account,then clear your browser's cache and cookies and then log in to your account to see any improvements.

9. maidah wahab

if any one know that how i recover please help me i will waiting for your reply.

10. maidah wahab

hi my account was disable and these news is very shocked for me because this is not my first account which was disable please help me i will thankful to u..

11. shu claris

please this is very urgent and to tell you the truth I need to get into my account without any further disturbance concerning connection problems or any such thing

If you'd posted this question as a new one under the link below -

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/ask/?q=

then you would had got quick response within hours.

Regarding connectivity,contact your ISP.Clear your browser's cache,cookies,history and then try to access Facebook.

12. Salim Shikder

My facebook account are long lime disable.please enable it

13. janvi sayal

My account in Facebook was also disabled without any warning.
    FACEBOOK ADMINISTRATION,CAN U PLEASE ENABLE MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT.THIS ACCOUNT IS MY LIFE. I HAVE MANY FRIENDS WITH WHICH I AM ABLE TO CONTACT ONLY BY FACEBOOK. FACEBOOK IS MY LIFE AND MY ACCOUNT IS DISABLED,SO I AM TOO.PLEASE IT WOULD BE MY GOLDEN PLEASURE,IF YOU ENABLE MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT. MY NAME IS JANVI SAYAL .

THANK YOU.

14. janvi sayal

my facebook account is permanently disabled what can i do to reactive my account

15. Harshita

How can i recover my disabled facebook account

16. bimola mayengbam

my face book account is disabled without any reason. please help me to enable my FB account.

17. harisson

l try to login dis morning and l found my account was disable pls help me out wat can l do no more contact again.

• secret

4 months ago my account also was disabled,till a week ago,i sent my ID (driving license) and it works .i get my account after 4 hours

18. Dler Darbani

Help :( plees my feacbook back plees

19. peggy saville`

I can not get my facebook page because i let a friend us my computer to look up her facebook friends on sept 22nd.now i can not get on facebook because she did not sign out?

Login to facebook and if your friend's session is active,then visit the Facebook site and then if it login to Facebook,simply logout.Else,clear browser cache and history and the try accessing Facebook.

20. celeste solis

forgot my fbook password and need a new one can u help me.

21. ashwin

Convert this Personal Account to a Page
    Personal accounts are meant for individual people. Maintaining one for anything other than an individual person is a violation of Facebook's terms.

Facebook Pages offer more robust features for organizations, businesses, brands and public figures. Learn more about Pages.

Why am I seeing this?

i dont want convert my account to page.. plz hlp me to recover

You don't need to worry about this message.Simply ignore this message.

22. rekha choudhary

Actualy i hav open my fb account on no n that nosim is lost bit i hav forgot paszword so what can i do?

• ashwin

Convert this Personal Account to a Page Personal accounts are meant for individual people. Maintaining one for anything other than an individual person is a violation of Facebook's terms. Facebook Pages offer more robust features for organizations, businesses, brands and public figures. Learn more about Pages. Why am I seeing this? i dont want convert my account to page.. plz hlp me to recover

23. Hekaito k awomi

My facebook has been spam for more than four days!

Simply block the person who is spamming you.

24. shruti

my fb account is disabled im very try they are not open im emergency for open it help me piz\\\\\\\\\\\

25. kavya renuka gandu

plz i want my acccount back

26. raj raju raj

My Facebook account has been permanently disabled. Now I m unable to contact my relatives and friends. please help me to open my account

Makeuseof can't do anything for enabling your account.If your account is permanently deleted,then you need to create a new one.

Facebook account gets temporarily disabled and permanently deleted.It might be the situation that you might had violated some Terms of Facebook so facing such blockage.

27. chigoziefriday

thanks for helping me to accese my account

28. Priyanka

Mera facebook account band ho gaya h....mujhe bhot problem ho rahi h 1 din bhi ni kata...mujhsai open ni ho raha h plz meri help kre or plz plz plz mera fb a/c open kr diji ajj hi plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

It seems to me that you haven't verified your email account that you had used to create your account.Kindly visit your inbox of your email that you used to create your Facebook account and follow the instructions mentioned in that email.

29. hasan ali

i tried to access my Facebook account this morning, but when I typed in my password it said my account had been disabled. This came as a shock to me, and I now cannot contact my family and friends or access the pictures I had on my account.
    S

30. Priyanka

My facebook account is disabled...plz help me..
    FACEBOOK ADMINISTRATION,PLEASE ENABLE MY ACCOUNT...Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

31. harsh gaur

my fb account is disable please help me.

32. elias ehsas

my accout is disabled please tell me how to activate my account again.
    thank you.

33. ola

i have sent to my friends the invitantions of codes and now i dont know what to do becaue the boxes of the codes aren't there ,so i cant do anything....

34. jim brians

for what reason did you block may account why be to mean to that extent

35. justine nyafwono

iwould like to reactive my account

36. Abraham Mekonnen Tadesse

Thank you so much for your corporations.

37. Abraham Mekonnen Tadesse

My Facebook has been disabled for a week. so my question is how can i make to use. please any way to recover and to use the Facebook account.

38. luqman Adedayo

Help me to recover my facebook account becouse is temporary I don't have access to it I need yoir help.

39. Rolly Balivado

why Facebook account disabled, and how to enable my account?

40. Raghoba Kambli

my facebook account got desabl fro last week.... plz do make it reactive again..
    thanks

41. khadeeja

my facebook account is not opening.it says that i had installed some software due to which it is not opening, but i dont remember installing any software recently.
    it asks me to secure my account..there is a bar called SECURE ACCOUNT.when i select it, it is asking to download McAfee and scan my account.here is what it shows..

It looks like you downloaded software that is affecting your Facebook account and showing you unauthorized ads. It's common for people to be tricked into running programs that offer features that aren't available on Facebook, such as adding custom themes or seeing who has viewed your profile.

What is Adware?

This software will show you spammy ads that aren't approved by Facebook. They can also introduce security vulnerabilities, slow down your computer, and clutter up your news feed with ads so that you end up missing content from your friends.

If you would rather continue using this software, you may stop this process by clicking on "Log Out" in the upper right hand corner. Note that you won't be able to use Facebook from the computer where this software is installed.

please help me in recovering from this problem

thanks for your time!

possibly your windows is infected.
      boot to safe mode and scan windows with malwarebutes antimalware, superantispyware and clamwin. Then clean registry with CCleaner.

for facebook try Bitdefender Safego
      http://apps.facebook.com/bd-safego/

42. IRFAN ULLAH AHSAAS

I,have request you that why my face book account doesn't open, please send me information about my question.

43. alex hernandez

i cant log in it says
    your account has been disabled -_-

• Susendeep Dutta

Wait for few days and see whether your account gets activated or not.It might be temporary cause.

44. Debby Crosbie

I have been trying to explain what happened on my facebook acct. but no one has answered me. I am not very good on computers i really just play games on facebook and read about what my friends and family are up to. There was a question that came up when i was on my facebook that said i had 2 accts. did i want them to fix it, so being nieve i said yes cause i figured maybe someone had made an acct. on my facebook that i didn't know about so i said yes i would like it fixed not knowing i had done anything wrong. I only have one acct. on facebook and thats the honest truth i. Please reinstate my facebook acct. for me as i really enjoy the games, plus i have a lot of family photos that i wouldn't want to lose. Thankyou kindly Debby Crosbie

45. alan murray

46. kritika

m nt able to log in my fb account when m trying to log in ,it shows me ur account is disabled. Y it shows my account is disabled.

47. Dilu Gurung

my id is disable so plz make my id again able to use

48. zafar

my facebook is being hacked after this it showing what is adware and i have alredy changed my password but i didnt get my account, it showing malware on my account but i cant open it helpme

49. sameer

• Susendeep Dutta

Try Fidelis' solution displayed above.

50. Nancy Hughes

My facebook has been disabled and I did nothing wrong..I keep in touch with my children and grandchildren who are in the military out of country. Can someone please help me get it back..Thank, Nancy C Hughes

51. ISSAKAH RASHID IDDRISU

THANK YOU

52. ISSAKAH RASHID IDDRISU

FACEBOOK ADMINISTRATION,CAN U PLEASE ENABLE MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT.THIS ACCOUNT IS MY LIFE. I HAVE MANY FRIENDS WITH WHICH I AM ABLE TO CONTACT ONLY BY FACEBOOK. FACEBOOK IS MY LIFE AND MY ACCOUNT IS DISABLED,SO I AM TOO.PLEASE IT WOULD BE MY GOLDEN PLEASURE,IF YOU ENABLE MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT. MY NAME IS ISSAKAH RASHID IDDRISU. I WAS WEARING I BLUE LINE SHIRT. THANK YOU.

53. Sara

hi i have the same problem from 3 days now i send to them sevral mail but i get always the same automatic answer,only in one mail they said to me then i have brooke the rules but they dont explain to me witch one then i still wait now

If they say that you have broken rules, then try to call them by phone. Email will not help i guess.

• Susendeep Dutta

Have you also tried Fidelis' solution mentioned below?

Hello, that seems to happen a lot. It is mostly due to suspicious activities or entries in your facebook account. Keep in mind that this means suspicious from the facebook point of view. Sometimes even if you post a link where suspected activity has happened in the past, it can trigger this. Have you tried the following addresses?

disabled@facebook.com
    appeals@facebook.com
    info@facebook.com

• Michelle

This is their automated response to those email addresses:
      Hi,

Thanks for your email. We're streamlining how we receive feedback to be able to better assist you. The links below will take you to more information to help you solve and report your problem.

Common issues

• Trouble accessing your account: https://www.facebook.com/help/?topic=login_and_password
      Get help logging in, signing up, and resetting your password.

• Security: https://www.facebook.com/help/?topic=security
      Address a hacked or compromised account, report abuse, and learn how to keep your account secure.

• Warnings & disabled accounts: https://www.facebook.com/help/?topic=warnings
      Get information about warnings, feature blocks, disabled personal accounts, and disabled business Pages.

All other issues & information

If your issue isn’t listed here or you need to find a more specific contact channel, please search the Help Center: https://www.facebook.com/help

Please note that this is an automated email, and replies to this email will not be read.

Thanks,
      The Facebook Team

• Anne

yes me to that appear in my inbox

but i cant do anything to re enable my account how ??

please help me

55. Kyem Ghosh

ya it happens... if you are correct with your facebook login id and password, you are done. actually sometimes when you try to login with some application from your cell phone (such as Nimbuzz), facebook sometimes fail to identify the apllication. and so facebook suspects that someone else was trying to acess your account even it is you. and so when you login with your correct id and password, facebooks shows that your profile is blocked. it will show the location from where your account was tried to access. Donot fear of any unknown location because it depends on your ip address of your computer and it keeps on changing. Approve the location. Now enter the name of the device which you entered while you logged in to your facebook account for the last time. You should enter the correct one. If it is approved, it will again ask the name of your new device (your pc). Its not a password, so enter any simple name, may be your name or the name of your browser such that you can remember it well. go on... will be activated.. best of luck!!!

Have you tired login through you mobile number?
    perhaps Facebppk is doing some maintenance so you have to be patient like 24hrs sometime before able to get your account back.
    http://www.facebook.com/help/contact/?id=287306364658247

also clean your browser, or try another internet browser and another pc.
    call your family ask them to connect to facebook; locate your name and see if there is an email address that is used to connect.

• stuart montgomery

its been longer than 24hrs now that my facebook page has been disabled, i have emailed facebook telling them i think this is wrong 8 times and i havent had a reply back from them to explain what is happening.

• Christina Nikolou

This happened to me too yesterday! But the weird fact is that a friend's account from another country has been disabled at the same hour as mine! Another friend told me it happened to her too, but she got her account back 2-3 days later. I don't know what I've done and they disabled me. Did you get ur account back? I have another facebook page ???????? ???????(Christina Nikolou) please contact me! Or anyone who can help please contact me! Thank you.

• Azhar Mohammed

how do you get your facebook account back when it has been disabled