Why has Chrome stopped letting me access YouTube and other sites?
Question by Donna Olsen /

I installed Chrome over 6 months ago and it was working great for months. I loved the YouTube extentions for teachers. About 3 weeks ago it won’t let me get on YouTube from Chrome. I now have to go through Internet Explorer to use YouTube. There are several other programs I use for school with the same problem.

Any ideas?

• Anish Parameshwaran

You might want to update your Adobe Flash player – sometimes chrome prevents you from using an outdated flash version so that you won’t be infected with any malware.

• Saurabh Kumar

Have u tried uninstalling and installing it again…….
    Try cleaning cookies

if extensions are responsible for this problem, then uninstall and check if chrome works normally then reinstall the extension

• Micheal

clean your cookies and history. if it still doesnt work, reinstall your chrome or update with the newest version.

What’s the error message? You could try reinstalling the extension again.

• Nikhil Chandak

I think u shall clean up ur cookies of chrome using cc-cleaner , and then try or re-install your Google Chrome …. And is ur Google Chrome up to date ???

• Muo TechGuy

You should probably tell us HOW its not working. I mean, does it give 404 not found error? 503 unavaiable? or just a blank screen? In the past, I found there was a Flash error that meant all flash pages loaded blank. Makesure Chrome is up to date to fix this – though sometimes the very latest can break it again if you’re on the dev channel.

• Meilin Dai

Update your chrome.

• Paul Pruitt

1. Go in to your Settings, by clicking on the three horizontal bars icon in the upper right corner.
    2. Click on “History”.
    3 Click on the “Clear all browsing data” button.
    4. Choose “From the beginning of time” in the drop down box at the end of the sentence “Obliterate the following items from:”
    5. Check the first four boxes and maybe the seventh one (“Clear data from hosted apps”).
    6. Click the “Clear browsing data” button.

Also you might try to go back into the “Settings” menu and choose “Settings” itself and then click on “Extensions” in the upper left. See if there are any parental control extensions installed on your browser that are blocking You Tube.

• Jose Paolo Gonzales Otico

Clean your cookies and history and maybe just try a full uninstall + ccleaner + reinstall.