Why has Bluetooth disappeared from my laptop after a service?

Sunshine Reyes December 4, 2012

I already have a Bluetooth in my laptop and my CD ROM is working just fine. I took the laptop to the Dell Service center because it wasn’t powering on. When they returned it to me I could no longerconnect my laptop to any Bluetooth device. That’s when i noticed that i do not have Bluetooth anymore. And also, I can’t play any CD on my laptop. It’s a Dell Inspiron N5010. Thank you.

1. Deimarr Callender

some of the drivers may be missing

2. Rohit Jhawer

Try to download the latest drivers from dell website and see. Else you can use 3rd party driver softwares to do so. Try slimware. or try this software to see if bluetooth is on board or not. http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/Unknown-Device-Identifier.shtml

3. Avish Kansakar

try reinstalling the bluetooth driver if that does not work tell dell that they messed up your bluetooth and try squeezing out a gift card out of them :P (worked for me before)

4. Usman Mubashir

you certainly have a driver problem, the servicemen might have installed new window or played with the registery. get new drivers

5. Rohit Pandey

update your all driver and software....reinstall ur windows

6. Vishal Srivastava

1) Is it under warranty? If yes, bang it on Dell's Service Repair person's head and get it repaired.
    2) If not, first check if all drivers are present and working. If not, install them. Uninstall and re-install them just in case.
    3) If that doesn't fix it, go to some service personnel and ask them to open it for you and check the bluetooth and CD drive.

7. Shahbaz Amin

If this happens on my laptop, I would go to Device Manager and uninstall & then reinstall its driver. That useually fixes the problem..

8. shaurya gupta

Use the driver dvd provided by dell along your laptop and then install the bluetooth driver and for the cd rom, you would want to contact the dell service center again....

9. Douglas Mutay

The driver was not installed. If you can, download it from the Dell website, otherwise take it back to them and let them finish the work you've paid for...

10. pawan shukla

perhaps bluetooth driver is missing concerning cd problem try this microsoft solution.

May be they forgot to install the bluetooth driver. install the drivers.

Take it back to Dell and have them fix it to your satisfaction.

13. Duy Nguyen Minh

Uninstall and reinstall it. It has been problem

perhaps bluetooth driver is missing, concerning cd problem try this microsoft solution.
    http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems