Why don’t I see my picture when I post on MakeUseOf?

Charles Yost January 18, 2013

Every time I post something, I get this weird picture of a gear or something with it’s tongue sticking out. I have a picture when I check my profile, but get the toon one when I post. Am I missing something here?

1. Charles Yost

My picture is showing of my comments now. Thanks!

2. Charles Yost

Thank you for your answers, I will give it a try and let you know what I find.

3. José Antonio Estrada Monares

It depends on what you used to log in, the image that will appear can be the one on your facebook, twitter or google+ account

4. muotechguy

Hi Charles. The avatar system has been a bit broken, but I'm slowly fixing it across the site. If you post on the main blog, do you see your photo there? There's definately one stored in your account, so you should see it. If not, could you go to the Profile link listed next to your name and picture in the top right after you've logged in, then use the picture selector there to choose which picture to use - this should force the system into recognising you have an actual avatar - and thanks for connecting all your social accounts, that will give you a wide range of avatar choices if they're different.

Go to your profile and Click on the picture you want to be shown.

6. Saurav Azad

It’s a Gravatar and it’s tied to your email address

The social media you have connected with make use of change your profile picture there. You can try clearing your browser cookie and reconnecting(You won't lose your points).
    After connecting your social media account you can refer to profile and in add/remove accounts you can choose what picture you would like to appear in MUO.

8. Lisa Santika Onggrid

It's a Gravatar and it's tied to your email address. Go to Gravatar.com and login using your email address, and you can choose different picture.