Why don’t I see info like name and points total next to my login on MakeUseOf?

Kenneth McClure Jr. June 20, 2013

How come my info doesn’t show next to my name on MakeUseOf when I login? My picture is there and my geek shield but no name, points or any other info that is supposed to be next to my picture.

Have I done something to prevent this info from showing itself? Otherwise what is causing it?

1. Kenneth McClure Jr.

There can be a variety of reasons for this, but in my experience, blocking 3rd party cookies (in Chrome: Settings, Show Advanced Settings, Privacy, Content Settings) is a common one.

3. Leland Whitlock

Are you using any extensions like NoScript, AdMucher, AdBlock Plus, Ghostery or such? If so you may need to add an exception to allow scripts and what not to run on the site. It took quite a bit of tweaking to get things working right for me in Firefox. I suspect that may be your issue. If you are still having issues look at the following page with links to several other answers very similar to your some with answers that might solve your issue. If you want to provide more specific info on your browser and what you are seeing along with extensions used I will be happy to dig deeper into your issue. Good luck.

http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/tag/makeuseof-login/

• Kenneth McClure Jr.

AdBlock was the problem Thank You for your help