Why don’t Android sound recorders offer high-quality recordings?

Daniel Miller May 5, 2013

I have installed just about all of them. Its the same thing every time. It sounds like it is recording through my mic. I go in to the setting and try to set it to record the phone line but its always the same thing. I can only hear me. I have a Samsung Rugby Smart.

1. Arron Walker

The title of your question is misleading, it sounds like you're asking why the sound you record is low quality, which would be an issue with the microphone itself. What you are asking is, "how do I record the output of my speakers?". Unfortunately, a quick google found no positive results for this. Sorry, but at this time, it doesn't seem possible.

• Daniel Miller

That is not the tittle that I wrote. the site messed up. As far as the rest of you answer.... it makes no sense. The phone call recorder apps are not working with my phone. I am trying to figure out why.

• Arron Walker

Ah right. The search I did didn't find anything like that - I worded it more technically though. Call record does turn up a few apps. The reply above me says it may not work on all phones. It may help if we have your handset, and version of android.

2. DalSan M

If you would like a nice call recorder, as long as you are not running Android 4.1 or higher, then try Total Recall 14 day trial. If you like it, then you can purchase it for $10. I would at least try it to see if the line recording works on your phone instead of through the Mic. Some phones do not support call line recording and must be recorded through the Mic instead. Total Recall has worked on several of my phones and did line recording instead of through the Mic. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.killermobile.totalrecall.trial

• Daniel Miller

This tittle does not go with my question. I am talking about phone call recorder apps. Its only recording me and not the other person even though I have the setting to record through the phone line.